- CFFJAC to Begin Written Testing
- The vision of unified candidate testing for California’s fire service has become a reality, as the CFFJAC’s Firefighter Candidate Testing Center (FCTC) is set to begin offering their first written tests to candidates in February.
- Unified Response to Violent Incidents
- In a scenario ripped from the headlines, firefighters and law enforcement work together on responding to an active shooter incident. The hyper-realistic training — put together by San Diego Federal Fire Dept. and underwritten by the U.S. Navy — utilized the CFFJAC’s Unified Response to Violent Incidents curriculum. The program is being promoted as a national model for coordinated police and fire response to mass shooting..
- Women's Commission
- The Commission to Recruit Women for the Fire Service launches groundbreaking mentoring program.